Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Mi Earphones Basic Review

I have always admired the Xiaomi brand for delivering rock solid phones with excellent quality at a game changing price. Probably they were the ones who influenced other brands to sharply reduce the prices and gave Samsung and HTC's a run for their money. The MI 3 , MI 4 were a huge success when they were launched and the product's quality was proof enough that the brand was serious about quality

With this confidence, I happened to spot the Xiaomi In-Ear Earphones for 299 (+40 Deliver) in the MI.com site . With good descriptions and images, I was quite convinced that they will somehow become a super hit in the earhpones industry as well and challenge Sennheiser , Sony, SkullCandy and the likes. However my joy and expectation was shortlived when I was quite literally vastly disappointed at the earphones I had received.


For Rs.349 , this definitely was one of my biggest mistakes in trusting a brand without reading extensive reviews of it. The earphone was white in colour and had a flat wire which claimed to be non-tangled one.

The first time I heard a few songs , connected through my phone, I realized that this is a bad investment. Though the sound clarity was fine, the earphones provided absolutely no boost or any effect to the song. Both Bass and Treble was completely absent and I had the feeling of listening to a FM radio when in fact a a nice EDM track with 320 KBPS was playing in my phone.

The song was flat , with 0 bass and you could hear the thumping beats and punchy sounds getting dissolved in the background and what you could hear was an average audio quality of the song

Another key issue while buying directly through MI.com was the fact that there is no return policy on this one. They replace if there are any defects but no returns if you dont like the product

Verdict : Do not buy!!

There are plenty of phones in the 300-400 Range in Panasonic, Philips and Creative that offer . If you can go a little higher you can even get a Sennheiser brand :  Sennheiser MX170 for 600rs which is a fantastic buy

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment